Sunday, June, 27, 1999
Hi Brothers & Sisters:
Last week we dispatched a total of 52 journeyman & 30 apprentices.
The A-1 ia at 157 journeyman, with 5 apprentices out of work. The
contractors requesting help are as follows:
1. All American Steel: 3 JIW 's at 9747 Martin Luther King, Jr. Way.
2. American Steel: 1 apprentice at Rogers High School, Puyallup, WA.
3. Apex Steel: 1 JIW at University of Washington.
4. Austin Company: 2 JIWCW stick t Boeing Everett Gate E-68
5. Avar Construction: 1 apprentice at the 520 Bridge upgrade.
6. Baugh Construction: 3 JR's & 1 apprentice at the SAFECO Project, Redmond.
7 JIW's at the Union Street Station Phase 2, Seattle.
7. Cascade Steel: 3 JR's & 1 apprentice at Sammamish Park Plaza &
Financial in Fife.
8. Central Steel: 1 JR at Overlake Hospital, Bellevue.
9. Champion & Associates: 1 JIW at Boeing Auburn, Gate A-4
10. Cooney McHugh: 4 JIWCW wire & 1 apprentice at Port of Tacoma, Sealand
11. Corona Steel: 1 apprentice at the Green Hill School, Centraila, WA.
12. DNC Construction: 1 JIWCW Wire at North Seattle Community College.
13. Erection Company: 10 JIW''s & 4 apprentices at 3 sites, Three Bellevue
Center, Alaska Flight Simulator, Sea Tac, and The Opus Project, Seattle.
14. Etalco Corporation: 1 JIWCW Wire & 1 apprentice CW Wire at Martinac
Shipyard, Tacoma. WA.
15. Fab Products: 1 apprentice at the Expo Center, Seattle.
16. General Construction: 1 apprentice at the White River Cableway & 2 JIW's
at Boeing Renton.
17. George S. Sollit: 8 JR's & 5 apprentices at Bothell Cascadia.
from PL Jones who were removed from the project)
18. Jobsite Stud Welding: 1 apprentice at the Expo Center, Seattle.
19. J&S Construction: 1 JIW at the Index Bridge. Index WA.
20. K&L Rebar: 1 JR at Valley Center in Kent, WA.
21. Neil F. Lampson: 1 JIW & 2 apprentice at Arco Cherry Point.
22. Pacific Erectors: 1 JR at 900 Republican, Seattle.
23. RGL Enterprises: 1 JIWCW wire at Maple Street Office Building, Issaquah.
24. RPM Steel: 2 apprentices at the World Trade Center, Seattle.
25. Seattle Stud: 1 JIWCW at KOMO TV Seattle & 2 JIWCW stick at Sunset
26. Sellen Construction: 1 apprentice at KOMO TV, Seattle. & 1 apprentice at
St. Joseph Hospital, Tacoma.
27. Statewide Steel: 1 JIWCW & 1 apprentice at Snoqualmie Ridge Plaza, North
AREA WORK REPORT: The Port of Tacoma Cooney McHugh Sealand Terminal is taking
about half the number of hands they had originally planned on. They may
a few more CW Wire feeds for nights, but not likely many more the 3 or 4 more
hands for day shift. The Erection Company has 2 new projects going the
Project, Three Bellevue Center, and continue to hire steady at both projects.
Wood Lam Structures of Pacific, WA. has a 250,000 sq. foot structural
building in Bellingham near Georgia Pacific. Wood Lam should get underway
the next month. As I mentioned last week rebar work will continue to build
as the summer progresses. All rebar contractors expect a full work load.
Jones the rebar contractor at several projects in the Seattle area was
removed from the University of Washington Bothell Cascadia project. There
were financial difficulties that included fringe benefits. George S.
took over the rebar on Tuesday and we dispatched all former PL Jones
employees that wanted to stay on site to Sollit. The out of work list
continues to hold steady at 61/2 rows. The apprentices are filling
for journeyman in the rebar area as we have a shortage of journeyman Rodman.
Pacific Erectors is underway on their portion of the estimated cost: $15.5 -
$16.5 million of a 1,240-foot-long, six-span steel bridge on South 196th
between West Valley Highway and East Valley Highway. The bridge consists
seven column piers supported on drilled shafts with a CIP pier cap and steel
girders. The drilled shafts consist of 500' of 6' diameter and 1,270' of
diameter shafts. 4.2 million pounds of fabricated structural steel is
included in the bridge. Also included are two concrete approach slabs,
line relocation work, parking lot construction, approx. 6,800 SF of
structured earth wall and 17,000 tons of gravel borrow embankment
MEADOWDALE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL CONSTRUCTION
LYNNWOOD, WA; 6506 - 168th St. SW
Concrete: concrete formwork, reinforcing steel, underslab vapor barrier
sheeting, cast-in-place concrete, plant precast architectural concrete,
Metals: welding, structural steel, open web steel joists, steel decking,
cold-formed metal framing, metal fabrications, metal stairs, handrails &
George Sollit Corp, (Union Contractor) 23109 55th Ave W, Mountlake Terrace,
WA 98043, 425-774-2186, Fax 425-774-4948 $7,980,200
Spee West Construction, 307 Bell St., Edmonds, WA 98020, 206-284-7733, Fax
Shea Construction, 331 N Fancher Road, Spokane, WA 99212, 509-534-1030, Fax
Remember July 5th is observed as a holiday
The following seven (7) days shall constitute the recognized holidays within
the terms of this Agreement. If any of the above holidays fall on a
Monday will be observed as the holiday. If any holiday falls on a
the preceding Friday shall be a regular work day. The holiday shall be the
twenty-four (24) hour period commencing with the established starting time of
the day shift on the day of the holiday.
NEXT LOCAL 86 SIGN IN DAY: MONDAY JULY 12, 1999
HAVE A SAFE WEEK